Masters Human Pathology - Society, Environment, Health Issues Back
The specialty "Society, Environment and health issues" (Research and Professional) responds to new scientific, economic, environmental and health that are now the issues related to environment and health. Air pollution inside and out, put on the market of new substances such as nanotechnology, psychosocial risks at work, impact of electromagnetic waves, the links between health and the territory are new problems for society:
- how to assess potential risks?
- How to communicate about these risks?
- How to legislate?
To answer these questions, the National Environmental Health Plan 1 and 2 highlight the need to train future professionals and to develop expertise in the field of environmental health.
In terms of knowledge:
The master SENS proposes to acquire a multidisciplinary training on issues related to environment and health. It articulates the medical approach to the science of life sciences and the humanities, within the jurisdiction of DENTES.
- Knowledge of the main environmental illness
- Knowledge of multiple structures involved in the field of environment and health: meeting with many skilled players (state services, decentralized services, companies, associations ...)
- Knowledge of the main regulations governing the interactions between environment / health : PNSE 1 and 2, public health laws ...
- Knowledge of the main texts regulations in the field of occupational health, business, health territorialized : CUCS, unfit housing ....
- Basic knowledge of eco-housing
- Knowledge of procedures for quality action: certification, risk management planning, quality document management
- Knowledge of interactions between environment / health in developing countries, the effects of globalization
- Acquired basic ecological health related to global change: vector-borne diseases, health risks, GIS
- Project Management
- Acquired in statistics and epidemiology, CLES english
In terms of skills:
Being able to understand, analyze and manage the interactions between environment, health and society.
- Acquisition of a multidisciplinary approach to thinking among the social sciences, life sciences and medical sciences
- Construction of a operational study in the field of environment and health
- Implementation of preventive action
- Evaluation of action taken: development of satisfaction questionnaires, methods of economic evaluation
- Quality management, process establishment health indicators and dashboards, Internal Audit (IPC certificates obtained)
- Exercises metrology health / work and housing
- Group work, organization of tasks
- Introduction to GIS mapping
Complementary way to university education, are articulated interventions environmental professionals and health. Two courses are offered:
"Environmental Health and Work": the right to health, knowledge of the main European Directives including REACH (Registration, Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals).
"Environmental Health and Habitat": health and environmental quality places to live, urban policies and health.
The lessons are divided between DENTES (Faculté Saint-Charles) and the Faculty of Timone.
- Start date:
- 2 Years
- Teaching method:
- Aix-en-Provence and Marseille, France
- EUR 510.00
- EUR 510.00
- Tuition fees
|Module name||Credits (ECTS or CATS)||Duration||Core / elective / recommended||Available as Short course (CPD)|
|Environmental health, habitats and territories 1||6 ECTS||core|
|Environmental pollution and health||6 ECTS||core|
|Global change, globalization and health issues||6 ECTS||core|
|Operation and interaction between humans and ecosystems||6 ECTS||core|
|Science, Expertise and Public Action: critical approach to notions of sustainable development and health||6 ECTS||core|
|Social construction of Environmental-Health interactions||6 ECTS||core|
|Demography population migration||6 ECTS||elective|
|Environmental Health and territory 2||6 ECTS||elective|
|Environmental health and work||12 ECTS||elective|
|Environmental health and work 2||6 ECTS||elective|
|Imbalance in the environment and mutagenesis, aging and tumorigenic||6 ECTS||elective|
|Public health issues and specific populations||6 ECTS||elective|
|Quality, risk and environmental health||6 ECTS||elective|
|Toxic and allergic processes related to imbalances in the environment||3 ECTS||elective|
|Application in the workplace - Project Management||6 ECTS|
|Health and work||6 ECTS|
|Sociological reasoning and methodologies of investigation, English||6 ECTS|
|Urban forms, actor from the city and public institutions / spatial dimension of health||6 ECTS|